Catherine Johnson works with the 4 Fleet Practices as a Link Worker and is based at Richmond Surgery on Thursdays. Her role is to provide individual support to help people improve their health and wellbeing by connecting patients to local community services to address their social and practical needs. You may have already spoken with Catherine as she is already calling some vulnerable patients to ask if any assistance is needed.
Catherine describes further what support she can offer:
As a Social Link Worker I will contact patients to discuss their needs and whether they feel this service is right for them. A longer appointment at the GP surgery with me, or at their home if appropriate, will then be made to listen and discuss with the patient how they would like to make changes in their life. I will then signpost, refer or actively support the patient to access local community services (for example, attend a group for the first time) to address their needs. Follow up appointments will be made with me to review their progress. Because everyone’s needs are different, this service has been created to provide tailored support to people at a comfortable pace in order that they can achieve healthy and positive outcomes.
The type of support that I can provide includes:
- Connection to emotional wellbeing support in the community.
- Connections to local activities run in the community.
- Help with accessing exercise activities that suit your needs.
- Support from a volunteer to help you enjoy taking part in new activities.
- Support to engage you in a volunteering activity.
- Help with finding other organisations, which can assist you with practical needs to maintain your independence.
If you would like to contact Catherine, you can do this by emailing her via our generic mailbox email@example.com