Welcome to Richmond Surgery's website. Our website is for you. We have endeavoured to keep it as simple and easy to navigate as possible so you can find all the information you need with ease.
We routinely update and make changes to our website, systems and services to meet our patients' needs and to provide you with up to date care. We welcome your feedback and suggestions and will endeavour to meet your suggestions.
UPDATE 11 May 2021: THE HARLINGTON, FLEET COVID-19 VACCINATION SITE
Vaccination Appointments: COVID Vaccination supply will increase significantly for The Harlington from w/c 22/3/21. The Harlington appointments for Fleet patients are not available via the National Booking System. We will text or call you if you are in the next cohort. If you have not heard from us and believe you are now eligible, or are uncertain which cohort you are, please call our reception team or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Richmond are currently taking bookings for The Harlington vaccination clinics for all Cohorts up to and include Cohort 11. The Harlington has a high level of vaccine clinics throughout May.
- We will contact all patients when they are due their 2nd dose vaccine. If you have not heard from us by the 12th week of your 1st vaccine, please contact us.
COVID-19 vaccine for people aged under 40
The chances of a younger person becoming seriously ill with COVID-19 get smaller as infection rates increasingly come under control in the UK. Considering this alongside the portfolio of vaccines available in the UK in the coming months and taking a precautionary approach in relation to the extremely small risk of thrombosis and thrombocytopenia following the first dose of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine, the JCVI has advised a preference for adults aged 30 to 39 without underlying health conditions to receive an alternative to the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine – where available and only if this does not cause substantial delays in being vaccinated.
For more information, please see JCVI advises on COVID-19 vaccine for people aged under 40 - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Proof of Vaccination Status: For more information https://www.gov.uk/guidance/demonstrating-your-covid-19-vaccination-stat...
15 Feb 2021: Fleet Town Council Communication: Fleet Vaccinations please click here
5 Feb 2021: North East Hants & Farnham CCG Communication please click link below:
Vaccinating Health and Social Care staff Guidance - click here
More Vaccine Information https://www.frimleyhealthandcare.org.uk/living-here/covid-19-vaccination...
We will update our website and use other communication methods regularly. Our phone lines and emails are extremely busy due to the new COVID ways of working therefore it may take us several days to respond to general enquiries. Thank you for your understanding and continued support during the pandemic. Dr King and Partners.
Our Reception is open for pre-booked appointment ONLY check in - there is no self check in screen.
Please wear a face mask or bring your Exemption Card. The exceptions are:
children under the age of 11
people with disabilities and those with breathing difficulties
those who are travelling with someone who relies on lip reading.
Do not enter until your appointment time to allow for social distancing (if you arrive early you will be asked to wait outside as there is no patient waiting area available)
Please use the motion sensor hand sanitisers provided at reception
Please follow the new social distancing 1-way system
For new Registrations, attend 1700-1800 ONLY
Please ensure you use the toilet before leaving home as our toilets are not available
Please telephone the surgery for anything else. DO NOT ATTEND for general enquiries or booking an appointment.
Concerned you may have COVID-19: You can go to https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19 in the first instance for advice. If you call the surgery, you may be directed there first.
Employer Note for Self Isolation: Use the below service (link) if you have to stay at home because of coronavirus and you need a note for your employer. You do not ask your GP for this. https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note/
Face Mask Exemption: Go to https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-o...
Changes to Covid-19 symptoms: The general clinical case definition for COVID-19 has been updated to include loss of or change in smell or taste. It is now:
New continuous cough OR fever OR loss/change in smell or taste.
Everyone, including health and social care workers, should self-isolate if they develop a new continuous cough or fever or loss of/ change in smell or taste.The individual’s household should also self-isolate for 14 days as per the current guidelines and the individual should stay at home for 7 days, or longer if they still have symptoms other than cough or loss of sense of smell or taste.
RICHMOND SURGERY New Systems of Working
If you have had any contact with the surgery recently you are likely to have noticed a marked difference in the way things are being done. We have done this to minimise face to face contact between patients and staff, limit the spread of the Covid-19 virus and keep our practice team and patients as well as possible.
For Medical Advice/Appointments: We are still limited in the level of service that can be offered due to the Coronavirus and the risks it poses.
- Please use eConsult for straightforward medical queries only. Scroll down for the eConsult link
- You cannot book a face to face GP appointment. Following telephone consultation you may be asked by the GP to attend.
- Our nursing team are doing baby checks, immunisations, smear tests, INR testing, some injections and blood tests. We are currently unable to do routine duties such as ear syringing, health checks etc. Some health checks are being undertaken by remote consultation.
- Book ahead telephone appointments are now available with your doctor for non-urgent enquiries. - The Joint and Muscular Pain Clinic are offering telephone and video consultations. Update: Anticipated return to face to face appointments from 19th October 2020
If in doubt, please speak to a receptionist to work out the best way of addressing your need.
Prescription Requests: If you cannot email your request to email@example.com or request via your online services, there is a temporary repeat prescription box at the main entrance. Please look for signage. This is emptied throughout the day, Monday to Friday only.
It is an ever-evolving and highly unusual situation, so it is likely that, with guidance from Public Health England, we will continue to change how we provide care for our patients over the coming weeks and months. We are grateful for your understanding and patience in helping us provide the most effective service we can.
Donna Brennan, Managing Partner
Drs King, Sinclair, Hatley, Gossage & Lingham
- Local Pharmacies List - Click Here
- NHS England Friends & Family Test - to access the short survey please click here
- Our Mission Statement & Practice Charter - click here
- GDPR - Richmond Surgery Privacy Notice click here
- GDPR - Richmond Surgery Privacy Notice for children click here
- For GP eConsult - online triage for non urgent/complicated new enquiries: click the button below