Welcome to Richmond Surgery's website. Our website is for you. We have endeavoured to keep it as simple and easy to navigate as possible so you can find all the information you need with ease.
We routinely update and make changes to our website, systems and services to meet our patients' needs and to provide you with up to date care. We welcome your feedback and suggestions and will endeavour to meet your suggestions.
From Monday 3rd August 2020: Reception will re-open for pre-booked appointment check in - there is no self check in screen.
Please wear a face mask or bring your Exemption Card. The exceptions are:
children under the age of 11
people with disabilities and those with breathing difficulties
those who are travelling with someone who relies on lip reading.
Do not enter until your appointment time to allow for social distancing (if you arrive early you will be asked to wait outside as there is no patient waiting area available)
Please use the motion sensor hand sanitisers provided at reception
Please follow the new social distancing 1-way system
For new Registrations, attend 1700-1800 ONLY
Please ensure you use the toilet before leaving home as our toilets are not available
Please telephone the surgery for anything else. DO NOT ATTEND for general enquiries or booking an appointment.
Concerned you may have COVID-19: You can go to https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19 in the first instance for advice. If you call the surgery, you may be directed there first.
Employer Note for Self Isolation: Use the below service (link) if you have to stay at home because of coronavirus and you need a note for your employer. You do not ask your GP for this. https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note/
Face Mask Exemption: Go to https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-o...
Changes to Covid-19 symptoms: The general clinical case definition for COVID-19 has been updated to include loss of or change in smell or taste. It is now:
New continuous cough OR fever OR loss/change in smell or taste.
Everyone, including health and social care workers, should self-isolate if they develop a new continuous cough or fever or loss of/ change in smell or taste.The individual’s household should also self-isolate for 14 days as per the current guidelines and the individual should stay at home for 7 days, or longer if they still have symptoms other than cough or loss of sense of smell or taste.
RICHMOND SURGERY New Systems of Working
If you have had any contact with the surgery recently you are likely to have noticed a marked difference in the way things are being done. We have done this to minimise face to face contact between patients and staff, limit the spread of the Covid-19 virus and keep our practice team and patients as well as possible.
For Medical Advice/Appointments: We are still limited in the level of service that can be offered due to the Coronavirus and the risks it poses.
- Please use eConsult for straightforward medical queries only. Scroll down for the eConsult link
- You cannot book a face to face GP appointment. Following telephone consultation you may be asked by the GP to attend.
- Our nursing team are doing baby checks, immunisations, smear tests, INR testing, some injections and blood tests. We are currently unable to do routine duties such as ear syringing, health checks etc. Some health checks are being undertaken by remote consultation.
- Book ahead telephone appointments are now available with your doctor for non-urgent enquiries. - The Joint and Muscular Pain Clinic are offering telephone and video consultations. Update: Anticipated return to face to face appointments from 19th October 2020
If in doubt, please speak to a receptionist to work out the best way of addressing your need.
Prescription Requests: If you cannot email your request to email@example.com or request via your online services, there is a temporary repeat prescription box at the main entrance. Please look for signage. This is emptied throughout the day, Monday to Friday only.
It is an ever-evolving and highly unusual situation, so it is likely that, with guidance from Public Health England, we will continue to change how we provide care for our patients over the coming weeks and months. We are grateful for your understanding and patience in helping us provide the most effective service we can.
Donna Brennan, Managing Partner
Drs King, Sinclair, Hatley, Gossage & Lingham
- Local Pharmacies List - Click Here
- NHS England Friends & Family Test - to access the short survey please click here
- Our Mission Statement & Practice Charter - click here
- GDPR - Richmond Surgery Privacy Notice click here
- GDPR - Richmond Surgery Privacy Notice for children click here
- For GP eConsult - online triage and consultation for non urgent/complicated new enquiries: click the button below