New patients can register in person with the practice Monday - Friday between 10.00am and 5.00pm. We will require completion of a Patient Registration Form and Confidential Health Questionnaire to ensure the Practice can fully assist with your health care needs. Download the registration forms as follows:
- All adults aged 16 and upwards complete Adult Registration Form - click here
- All children aged under 16 years of age - click here
- All new patients regardless of age must complete a GMS1 Form - click here
- Are you a Carer for a registered patient? Formal Carer Registration Form - click here
Your NHS card is no longer required when you register, however you will need to provide 2 forms of identification such as a driver's licence with photo or passport (photographic evidence, where possible, for an adult) and one that includes your home address such as a recent utility bill. For children, we require the child's birth certificate or passport as ID.
As a new patient, to ensure continuity of any regular medication please provide us with one of the following to prevent delays in repeat prescriptions:
- Your most recent repeat prescription slip
- Confirmation letter from your previous surgery
- Ongoing medication packaging clearly marked with your name and address, and prescription details.
When you register at Richmond Surgery you will be allocated a GP. Richmond Surgery offers Registered Patient Lists and not Pooled GP Lists. We endeavour to ensure that you can see or speak to your own registered GP when you attend surgery. There will of course be times when your GP is not available. In the absence of your Registered GP, the practice has in place an excellent secure patient IT system allowing any of our other GPs/locums to attend to your needs. This is usually done by way of triage, initially telephone consultation, and you will then be asked to attend if required.
Leaflet: Your Information
Register for online services